Last Modified: December 2020
Introduction and GDPR Statement
We will always treat you and your personal information with due respect and maintain our current principles of ethical business practice which have stood us in good stead for over 25 years.
They are the principles we have always worked by, instigating only communications necessary for the performance of our duties in providing you with great holidays and is why we receive such positive feedback.
In brief this means:
- We will always treat you in a way we would expect to be treated ourselves
- We promise to store your information securely
- We have never and will never sell your details to any other company
- You have the right to see, amend, object or delete personal information
The information we ask from you will be your name(s); a contact postal address; a contact telephone number(s); dates of birth if we are arranging your international and/or domestic flights and/or train journeys in your holiday country. Any of this information will only be shared with those who require it to be able to carry out their duties for you.
This information is held within our offices, either on a secure computer or as a printed document, which is stored in a secure office cabinet. By law we have to hold details of our business for 6 years plus the current year to conform to HMRC regulations, but after the year in which you travel your information will be held in a secure archive separate from our office.
Website information we collect
We collect a variety of information about our customers (friends) and visitors to the Website.
Information Collected Automatically: Whenever you visit our Website, we automatically collect (non invasive) information about you. This includes your use of our Website and the device you use to access our Website, for example, your IP address, the type of operating system and web browser you use and related information; and your activities on our Website, such as the pages you visit.
Information you provide to us
if you provide us with Personal Information by filling out a form or contacting us, we collect that Personal Information. For example, if you send us a contact form, we collect your name, phone number, e-mail address;
- if you contact us with regards to a customer service query, you may also provide us with Personal Information that we collect. From time-to-time, NEI UK may give you the opportunity to participate in promotions or surveys on our Website;
- if you participate, we will collect certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose the requested information; and
- if you take the opportunity to review our holidays, or participate in public forums associated with the Website, we will collect Personal Information in any such reviews, posts or comments. Note that these will be public so you should use care before posting information about yourself online (that’s just good advice in general).
Additional Information We Collect: From time to time, we may acquire additional information about our customers from third parties, such as Google Adwords, Facebook advertising and third parties that assist us in the provision of services requested by you.
Our Website uses “cookies” and files that are similar to cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers created by your browser at our request and stored on your computer. Cookies help us to distinguish you from other uses of our Website. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookies Policy below.
Where we store data
NEI UK transfers, processes and stores data about you on servers located in a number of countries, for example, where we subcontract processing to, or share your Personal Information with, third parties for the below purposes. Your Personal Information may therefore be transferred to, processed and stored in a country different from your country of residence, and be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence, and where you may have fewer rights in relation to your Personal Information. By using the Website and providing us with your Personal Information, you are consenting to the transfer, processing and storage of your Personal Information in countries outside of your country of residence.
Use of information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following (totally legitimate and normal) purposes:
- to maintain and improve our Website, including personalising your online experience and ensuring content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- operate our business, including the provision to you of information, products and services that you request and other transactional or administrative updates;
- inform you about products and services that we offer and that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you with information about products and services we feel may interest you (where you have consented to receiving such communications);
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to make our future marketing efforts more effective; and
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, testing, statistical and survey purposes.
We may also combine the information which you provide to us (such as your email address) with information which we collect about you (such as your phone number) and/or receive from other sources, and use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
Communications from NEI UK: If you do not want to receive email communications from NEI UK, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of our emails (don’t call and tell us though, we hate goodbyes). We may still contact you via mail or phone, unless you request to be added to our Do-Not-Call list, and/or our Do-Not-Mail list by contacting us using the below details and indicating your preferences. Please be sure to provide your exact name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number(s) and the list or lists you would like to be included on (Do-Not-Call, and/or Do-Not-Mail). Even if you opt-out of email marketing or choose to be placed on one of these lists, we may still communicate with you using any of these methods for those non-marketing purposes set out above in the ‘Use of Information’ section.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards reasonably necessary to ensure the protection of your Personal Information against loss, misuse, disclosure and alteration. For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the information you enter in the Website. (Basically, it takes a lot of effort to break into this fortress.)
Notwithstanding the above, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. (Typical internet, right?)
NEI UK contact details
Data Protection Enquiries
4 Gorsto Rd, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen,
Ammanford SA18 1UW
When writing to us, please be sure to include your exact name, mailing address, telephone number and specific preferences or request (but nothing so specific it gets weird)
4 Gorsto Rd
Ammanford SA18 1UW
Tel. 01269 823355
Your holiday and money are safe with us. In addition to ATOL bonding, NEI UK are even more strongly bonded with the Travel Trust Association (TTA). Any money you pay to us is held in trust and only paid to us after you have returned from your trip.